The PTR Level 1 Certified Tennis Instructor course is your entry point for coaches looking for a foundation and to develop essential coaching fundamentals. The Certified Instructor virtual course consists of online education, interactive virtual class discussions and practical application assessments.
Subsequently, how do you become a certified tennis coach?
Steps to a career in coaching might include:
- Having great tennis skills.
- Having in-depth knowledge of the game of tennis.
- Studying Sports/Exercise Science.
- Volunteering/working as a tennis coach to gain experience.
- Getting a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Biomechanics or Sports/Exercise Science.
Moreover, how do you get a tennis pro?
Ask Around For Recommendations
- Facebook Groups – Search “tennis” on Facebook and you’ll find groups all over the world with people who will be glad to help you. …
- Mytennislessons.com – This is a great site to find a coach in your area. …
- USPTA.com – On this site you can find a certified USPTA coach in your area.
Do tennis players pay for travel?
Usually the ATP/WTA or the tournament pays for the hotel and other accommodation expenses. They get their money from the sponsors. This is however for top players. For even bigger stars like Fed, Rafa, Novak, they get to stay in presidential suits that cost up to $4000 a night.
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $150,500 and as low as $18,500, the majority of Professional Tennis Coach salaries currently range between $31,000 (25th percentile) to $72,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $135,500 annually across the United States.
What are the steps to certification?
- Become a PTR member.
- Sign up for certification workshop.
- Complete the following items: Safe Play (background check and safe sport) Coach Youth Tennis. First Aid / CPR. Online pre-course.
- Attend three 4-hour Zoom sessions.
- Complete online assessment.