What is a Smash in Badminton? … It is the most offensive shot in badminton and typically lands between the opponent’s mid to back court depending on how steep it is.
Hereof, what are the 8 basic shots in badminton?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Correspondingly, what are the 4 badminton swings?
The 4 Basic Strokes
- Overhead forehand – the most common we see, the first to learn.
- Overhead backhand – many people’s main weakness.
- Underarm forehand – a low shot on the forehand side.
- Underarm backhand – a low shot on the backhand side.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
The badminton smash
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
Basically there are 4 common strokes in badminton; which include the:
- Overhead Forehand Stroke.
- Overhead Backhand Stroke.
- Underarm Forehand Stroke.
- Underarm Backhand Stroke.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.