A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points. Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored. The side winning a rally adds a point to its score. At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
In this regard, what is the original name of badminton?
Beside this, how many sets are there in badminton?
Who is the father of badminton?
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
Badminton is in fact a mixture of Poona and another old sport called battledore and shuttlecock. Hence, arguments can be made that Poona, battledore and shuttlecock, or badminton itself is the original name of badminton.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Don’t bring your tennis ground strokes to the badminton court. All those long sweeping ground shots are almost useless on the badminton court – you don’t have time – so play punchy, wristy shots in front of you. Don’t lift to the forecourt or mid court – it will come back with interest!
The badminton smash