In the game of tennis, a backhand is a tennis stroke in which the racket travels across the player’s body, striking the ball with the palm facing towards the chest and the back of hand moving towards the opponent on the follow through. In tennis, a backhand stroke can be one handed or two handed.
Similarly, how do you do a backhand in badminton?
Moreover, what is backhand overhead stroke in badminton?
The Overhead Backhand stroke in Badminton
The correct technique to perform a badminton backhand stroke is more complicated than a tennis backhand. The correct backhand technique is about generating power. Similar to the forehand, you make a complete backhand swing to generate the power to hit strong backhand shots.
What part of the body is leading when hitting a backhand shot in badminton?
Squash/Tennis: The backhand is performed in such a way that the tennis ball is hit from the side of your body. Badminton: The correct technique for a backhand stroke will allow you to hit the shuttle at your backhand area when it’s in mid-air (above your head).
The backhand clear and backhand drop is similar to the forehand badminton clear and forehand badminton drop shot, except that you use your backhand stroke instead of your forehand.
What other Coaches had to say
- Don’t low serve from your forehand court, and certainly not wide.
- Be aggressive when playing around the head to increase the risk for your opponent playing to that corner.
- Make sure to lift deep and long when playing from you backhand net.
- Avoid playing too many forehand cross-court shots.
The basic strokes are:
- Overhead Forehand Stroke.
- Overhead Backhand Stroke.
- Underarm Forehand Stroke.
- Underarm Backhand Stroke.
The badminton smash