Like the term suggests, you’re actually not hitting the shuttle flat, but you’re hitting it at an angle. So that when you hit it, a couple of things are going to happen. The shuttle is going to slow down dramatically because you’re not hitting it flat, and the shuttle is going to travel at a very deceptive angle.
Keeping this in view, how do you hit chops in badminton?
Consequently, what are the 5 shots in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
The basic six corners footwork
- Travelling to the forehand side of the net.
- Travelling to the backhand side of the net.
- Covering the forehand mid-court.
- Covering the backhand mid-court.
- Moving to the forehand rear-court.
- Moving to the backhand rear-court.
The badminton smash
Can you smash a serve in badminton? If you’re able to, then yes. Short serves are impossible to smash because they’re hit so low over the net. If the opponent flicks or has a particularly loose serve then, by all means, try to smash it.
6 types of Badminton shots to improve your game | Playo
- 1) Defensive Shots. These shots are utilised when you’re backed into a corner and need a break from your opponent’s constant harrying. …
- 2) The Clear Shot. …
- 3) The Drive Shot. …
- 5) The Drop Shot. …
- 6) The Smash.
The first three shots in badminton, namely the serve, service return, and third shot (for lack of a better name) of the rally are the most crucial shots in badminton. They set up the rally and usually determine which team is attacking and which team is defending.
The Bottom Line
A professional badminton match lasts until one player, or a pair wins two games out of three. The players get a rest time for 1 minute between every game. The scoring and positioning of players matter a lot in this game.