As a rule, a badminton referee would wear a single colour polo shirt (e.g. white). Umpire shirt colours should not be too garish either. Always tuck badminton shirts inside trousers or knee-length shorts. Referee equipment also applies to their assistant linesmen.
Keeping this in consideration, what does the line judge wear?
If line judges were hired in smaller tournaments, they usually would not wear something too formal, though they would be required to wear something decent for the tournament. The colour of their shirts shouldn’t be too bright or fancy otherwise it may distract the players during a game.
In this manner, what qualifications does a service judge need in badminton?
Your first step to becoming a badminton umpire would be to achieve your initial training at a local level. After this, you would need to attend an educational course. This would be with a nationally or regionally recognized association. You would then be officiated at those levels.
What is service too high in badminton?
Striking the Shuttle Too High During Service
Players must hit the shuttle below 1.15 meters (3.77 feet) when they serve. … Perhaps an easier way to determine this is to use the old badminton service rules, where a serve is considered a fault if it is above the player’s waist, which is defined as the player’s lowest rib.
It’s easily the most complex part of the ruleset for Badminton. Service faults are called when the server breaks one of the service rules. Service faults are more common in doubles because there is a lot more pressure on the server in doubles then compared to singles.
Role of the Line Judge
- A line judge is responsible for indicating whether a shuttle has landed “in” or “out” when the shuttle lands near the lines he/she has been assigned to monitor.
- Depending on the level of tournament, there may be as many as 10 line judges assigned to a court for a particular match.
According to a report from 2019, it is estimated that the average NFL official makes about $205,000 a year. Each official’s pay will depend on the position they have on the crew, as well as how long they have been in the league.
What Are The Officials of Badminton? They include 1 referee, 1 umpire, 1 service judge, and 8 to 10 line judges.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
The badminton court should be 44 feet long by 22 feet wide if playing doubles, and 44 feet long by 17 feet wide for singles. If the facility is indoors, there needs to be enough height for the shuttlecock to be able to float across the net without hitting the ceiling.