Correspondingly, is badminton popular in world?
It may come as a surprise to some people that badminton is among the world’s most popular sports. However, it is extremely popular and played regularly by an estimated 220 million people around the world.
Additionally, who is the No 1 player in badminton?
Japan’s Kento Momota has retained the top spot, with 109118 point. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen found himself in the second position, while his compatriot Anders Antonsen is ranked 3rd.
Who is the number 1 badminton player in the world?
|BWF World Rankings (Men’s singles) as of 3 August 2021|
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
The basic six corners footwork
- Travelling to the forehand side of the net.
- Travelling to the backhand side of the net.
- Covering the forehand mid-court.
- Covering the backhand mid-court.
- Moving to the forehand rear-court.
- Moving to the backhand rear-court.
11 Least Popular Sports in the World
- 1 | Kabbadi. Kabbadi is the national sport of Bangladesh and, from what I can tell, it’s a mix of rugby without a ball and red rover.
- 2 | Motocross/motorcycle racing. …
- 3 | Fencing. …
- 4 | Polo. …
- 5 | Archery. …
- 6 | Sailing. …
- 7 | Canadian football. …
- 8 | Weightlifting. …
The game is named for Badminton, the country estate of the dukes of Beaufort in Gloucestershire, England, where it was first played about 1873. The roots of the sport can be traced to ancient Greece, China, and India, and it is closely related to the old children’s game battledore and shuttlecock.