The absolute basics to wear for Badminton are:
- Good quality cotton sports socks.
- A pair of sports shorts or a skirt.
- A light sports T-shirt.
- A quality pair of Badminton shoes.
Herein, what is badminton dress called?
Male badminton players wear sleeved or sleeveless polyester shirts, polyester shorts, thick socks, and badminton shoes. Female badminton players wear sleeved or sleeveless polyester shirts, polyester skirts, polyester shorts, or polyester skorts, thick socks, and badminton shoes.
Keeping this in consideration, why do badminton players wear skirts?
Taking a cue from tennis, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) has introduced a new dress code, which comes into effect from May 1 and requires all female players to wear skirts or dresses in Grand Prix tournaments and above “to ensure attractive presentation of badminton”.
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
You should wear a soft-padded sports bra to support your jugs. It can be encapsulated or compressed bra, depending on your breast size.
Badminton scoring system
A point is scored on every serve and awarded to whichever side wins the rally. The winning side gets the next serve. If the score is 20-20, a side must win by two clear points to win the game. If it reaches 29-29, the first to get their 30th point wins.
The courts are meant to provide cushion and comfort to shuttlers who crisscross the playing surface to deceive their opponents with smashes and clever strokes to win points. Hence keeping the court surface prim and proper is mandatory. A badminton court provides for two types of competition — singles and doubles.
The essential pieces of equipment to buy for badminton are the racket, the net, and the shuttlecock.
5 Pieces of Equipment All Serious Badminton Players Need
- Badminton Racket. Of course, you will need a badminton racket if you plan on playing badminton! …
- Racket weight. …
- Badminton Racket Strings. …
- Racket Grip size. …
- Grips. …
- Grip Powder. …
In this article, we cover the four basic equipment and gear required for a game of badminton.
- Badminton Racket. Badminton rackets can be made from several types of materials. …
- Shuttlecock. There are two types of shuttlecocks – plastic and feathered shuttlecocks. …
- Badminton Shoes. …
- Badminton Attire.