Glossary of Badminton Terms
- Back Alley – Area between the back boundary line and the long service line for doubles.
- Backcourt – Back third of the court, in the area of the back boundary lines.
- Balk – Any deceptive movement that disconcerts an opponent before or during the service; often called a “feint.”
Moreover, what is the 10 basic vocabulary used in badminton?
Badminton Vocabulary List
|backhand||If his backhand is weak, play more to his left side.|
|baseline||The shuttlecock landed just inside the baseline.|
|bird / birdie||The U.S. players say birdie instead of shuttlecock.|
|carry||The umpire called my shot a carry, so I lost the point.|
One may also ask, what are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What are the five rules of badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Contact Faults in Badminton. During play, if the player touches the net or the player’s racket hits the net, it is called a fault.