Glossary of Badminton Terms
- Back Alley – Area between the back boundary line and the long service line for doubles.
- Backcourt – Back third of the court, in the area of the back boundary lines.
- Balk – Any deceptive movement that disconcerts an opponent before or during the service; often called a “feint.”
In respect to this, what are the 8 basic shots in badminton?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
Consequently, what do you say when you serve in badminton?
During a badminton serve, we usually say LONG/SHORT instead of IN/OUT if the shuttle falls out of the service box. If the shuttle falls outside the boundaries AT THE FRONT of the court we call it “short”. If the shuttle falls outside the boundaries BEHIND the court we call it “long”.
What are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What is fault in badminton?
Contact Faults in Badminton. During play, if the player touches the net or the player’s racket hits the net, it is called a fault.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
What is the technique of badminton?
Badminton Techniques, The Life of Badminton
|Area of the Court||Different Badminton Techniques in that Area|
|Serve / Service||High/Long Serve Short Serve Flick Serve|
|Front Court (Also known as Net Play!)||Lift / Clear Net Shot Net Kill|
|Mid Court||Block Side Drive Shot Lift / Clear|
|Rear Court/ Baseline||Lob Shot Smash Drop Shot|
What are the two types of serves in badminton?
There are 3 basic serves; High Serve (used in singles only, Low Serve (used in both singles and doubles) and Flick serve (used in doubles).
What is the best shot in badminton?
What is the oldest name given to badminton?
Early on, the game was also known as Poona or Poonah after the garrison town of Poona, where it was particularly popular and where the first rules for the game were drawn up in 1873.