Here are the 7 steps to play table tennis, based on the Chinese coaching concept.
- Learn the most important rules.
- Master the basic skills in ping pong.
- Learn several types of service & returning serve.
- Understand tactics, the psychology, and the match-play.
- Choose the right equipment.
- Learn how to train and practice daily.
Regarding this, what is table tennis and how is it played?
Table tennis, also known as ping-pong and whiff-whaff, is a sport in which two or four players hit a lightweight ball, also known as the ping-pong ball, back and forth across a table using small rackets. The game takes place on a hard table divided by a net.
Keeping this in view, what are the basic skills of the game table tennis?
- Table Tennis Skills. Forehand. …
- Forehand. A forehand, or forehand drive, is often the first and one of the most fundamental skills that a table tennis player learns. …
- Backhand. …
- Pushes. …
- Flicks. …
- Loops. …
- Spinning the Ball. …
What skills do you need for table tennis?
What are the basic skills of table tennis?
- Forehand drive technique.
- Backhand topspin close to the table.
- Forehand push and backhand push.
- Forehand flick.
- Backhand flick.
- Backhand loop the underspin ball.
- Forehand attack the semi-long ball.
- Learn Forehand fast serve.