5 Pieces of Equipment All Serious Badminton Players Need
- Badminton Racket. Of course, you will need a badminton racket if you plan on playing badminton! …
- Racket weight. …
- Badminton Racket Strings. …
- Racket Grip size. …
- Grips. …
- Grip Powder. …
Also question is, what are the 3 equipment in badminton?
Badminton – Equipment
- Badminton Racket. Modern Badminton Rackets are light in weight and don’t weigh more than 100 grams. …
- Shuttlecock. Sixteen feathers fixed in a cork base enveloped in a thin leather sheet make a shuttlecock. …
- Badminton Shoes. …
- Badminton Accessories.
Beside this, what are the equipment used in badminton and their uses?
The essential pieces of equipment to buy for badminton are the racket, the net, and the shuttlecock. You will need nothing else to play the game of badminton than these three items, and anything else is to add to the experience only.
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Types of Shuttlecocks:
- Feather Shuttlecocks.
- Plastic/Synthetic Shuttlecocks.
- Hybrid Shuttlecocks.
Badminton court size
A standard badminton court is marked for both the singles and the doubles game. The court has two halves measuring 6.7m (22 ft) each and separated by a badminton net that stands 1.55m (5ft 1in) high at the ends and dips to 1.52m (5 ft) in the middle.
Here are nine basic skills you need to learn to play Badminton:
- Knowing how to warm up properly.
- The basic forehand and backhand grip.
- The basic six corners footwork.
- The split step or the ready stance.
- The basic shots.
- Perception and anticipation.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Rhythm and timing.
Badminton scoring system
A point is scored on every serve and awarded to whichever side wins the rally. The winning side gets the next serve. If the score is 20-20, a side must win by two clear points to win the game. If it reaches 29-29, the first to get their 30th point wins.