Top Tennis Balls For Dogs
- #1 Hyper Pet Tennis Balls For Dogs.
- #2 Banfeng Giant 9.5″ Dog Tennis Ball.
- #3 Zanies Mini Tennis Balls for Dogs.
- #4 KONG Air Squeaker Tennis Balls.
- #5 Dog Tennis Balls by Woof Sports.
Moreover, are tennis balls good for dog?
Choking hazards aside, tennis balls pose another risk: dental wear and tear. … As your dog chomps on a tennis ball, the fuzz acts like sandpaper, gradually wearing down her teeth in a process called “blunting.” This can eventually lead to dental problems such as exposed tooth pulp and difficulty chewing.
Subsequently, can dogs pass tennis balls?
Tennis balls are among the most common toys for a dog’s playtime. … If your dog ate a tennis ball, contact your veterinarian immediately because your pooch may need a check-up, in fact, this toy can quickly become a choking hazard or cause blockage in the intestines of your pet.
What balls are bad for dogs?
The tennis ball can split apart in the back of the throat, blocking your dog’s airway. This can be fatal for your dog. The tennis ball can also break down into pieces as the dog chews, which creates a high risk that your dog will ingest those pieces.
Safe Balls for Dogs
- Purrfect Play Organic Wool Balls (small & large)
- WestPaw Designs Zooflex Boz (small & large)
- WestPaw Designs Zooflex Jive (small, medium, & large sizes)
- ChuckIt Kick Fetch Max Glow Ball (small & large)
- ChuckIt Kick Fetch (small & large)
- ChuckIt Indoor Ball.
- ChuckIt Ultra Ball (Various sizes)
Top 23 Best Dog Chews: Natural, Long-Lasting, and More
- Bully Sticks. Probably one of the most well-known dog chews, bully sticks are perfect for dogs of any age, size, or breed. …
- Beef Tendons.
- Rawhide. …
- Lamb Horns. …
- Raw Bones. …
- Beef Ribs. …
- Elk Antlers. …
- Beef Hooves.
Why Do Dogs Love Tennis Balls More Than Other Balls? Playing with a tennis ball that can bounce in many directions will get your dog excited and help them connect to nature. … The felt on a tennis balls means that they get a very personal scent from the dogs mouth too, and they can smell that it’s their very own ball.
Please don’t let your dog eat an entire tennis ball of any kind! While our tennis balls are safe for dogs to play with, it seems like he loves them a little too much! It’s probably time to change toys. We recommend consulting with your Veterinarian.
Our Top Choices
- Chuckit! Ultra Bounce. Best All-Round Dog Tennis Ball. …
- West Paw Jive. Best Tennis Ball For HEavy Chewers. See on Amazon.
- Chuckit! Breath Right. …
- SodaPup Crazy Bounce. Best Erratic Dog Tennis Ball. …
- Orbee Tuff Squeak. Best Squeaky Dog Tennis Ball. …
- Chuckit Whistler. Best Whistling Dog Tennis Ball.
Playing at a recreational level, a can of pressurised tennis balls will last anywhere between 1-4 weeks of light to moderate play. If used for competitive tennis, a pressurised set of tennis balls might last as little as 1-3 hours. Pressureless tennis balls can last 1 year and maybe even longer.
One tennis ball that I highly recommend for use on hard tennis courts is the Wilson Professional Tennis Ball or otherwise known as Wilson Extra Duty Tennis Balls. Note: Extra duty refers to the extra felt on these tennis balls which drastically improves the durability of each ball.