Here are the top health benefits of playing badminton:
- Helps to stay fit and lose weight. …
- Helps in maintaining physique and muscle toning. …
- Improves metabolic rate. …
- Increases concentration and reflex action. …
- Improves heart functioning. …
- Improves muscle strength and flexibility. …
- Increases bone density.
Likewise, does badminton reduce belly fat?
There are many health benefits of playing badminton like increases your heart rate, stretches your muscles, burns the belly fat, reduces the blood sugar level, improves cardiovascular fitness, increases bone strength, the good cholesterol in your body, and many more.
Keeping this in view, what are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What are the disadvantages of playing badminton?
There are also disadvantages to playing badminton.
- Sprained Ankle.
- Achilles Tendonitis.
- Tennis Elbow.
- Rotator Cuff Injury.
- Patella Tendonitis.
While Gym offers you flexibility on the types of equipment and the muscles you want to concentrate on, Sports on the other hand tones your entire body. While you have an intense session at the Gym, you can hit the Badminton courts and relax by playing a game or two.
HealthStatus notes that badminton burns calories slightly faster than walking at 3 mph and playing doubles tennis, but burns calories slower than singles tennis, half-court basketball, jogging at 5 mph and bicycling between 12 and 14 mph.
The Easiest Way To Reduce Weight
Playing Badminton for an hour helps in burning 480 Calories (the highest among all sports) and if you make a habit of it then you can lose a bare minimum of 4 Kgs within a month.