- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
People also ask, what is the most important rule in badminton?
One of the important rules of badminton is about the serve. The serve should always be done underarm and below the server’s waist. An overarm serve is against the basic rules of badminton, and would be considered a fault. At the start of the game, the score is (0-0).
Then, what are badminton balls called?
Can you touch the net in badminton?
If you touch the net or the posts, you lose the rally. This commonly happens with /articles/net-kills>net kills: if the shuttle is tight to the net, it can be hard to play a net kill without hitting the net with your racket. You are not allowed to reach over the net to play your shot.
Service courts are used for three things:
- The server must stand inside a service court.
- The receiver must stand inside the diagonally opposite service court.
- The serve must travel into the diagonally opposite service court.
Although it may be played with larger teams, the most common forms of the game are “singles” (with one player per side) and “doubles” (with two players per side). Badminton is often played as a casual outdoor activity in a yard or on a beach; formal games are played on a rectangular indoor court.