There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
Also, what are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
- 1) Defensive Shots. These shots are utilised when you’re backed into a corner and need a break from your opponent’s constant harrying. …
- 2) The Clear Shot. …
- 3) The Drive Shot. …
- 5) The Drop Shot. …
- 6) The Smash.
Secondly, what are the 3 shots in badminton?
Types of Badminton Shots: Learn to Use the Badminton Clear, Drop Shot, Net Shot and Smash to Win Rallies
- Defensive Badminton Clear/Lob. This is the most basic badminton shot. …
- Badminton Drop Shot. The badminton drop shot is semi-offensive. …
- Badminton Smash. …
- Badminton Net Kill.
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
What are the 9 basic badminton shots?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
What are the 5 basic skills in badminton?
The 5 Basic Badminton Skills (With Examples, Videos and Images)
What are the 4 types of serves in badminton?
These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
What is the most important skill in badminton?
In badminton, the forehand clear is the first and most essential skill for novices to learn. Most beginners will start learning badminton by going through rallies – continuously hitting the shuttlecock high up in the air back and forth for as long as possible.
What is the most powerful shot in badminton?
The badminton smash
What are badminton balls called?
What is the common shot in badminton?
What Type of Shots are in Badminton? (With 19 Examples)
|Clear||A high overhand shot where the player hits the shuttlecock from one end of the court to the other end|
|Drop||A soft shot that places the shuttlecock close to the net, often in an attempt to make the opponent move or to set up for the next shot|