There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
In respect to this, what are the 6 shots in badminton?
6 types of Badminton shots to improve your game | Playo
- 1) Defensive Shots. These shots are utilised when you’re backed into a corner and need a break from your opponent’s constant harrying. …
- 2) The Clear Shot. …
- 3) The Drive Shot. …
- 5) The Drop Shot. …
- 6) The Smash.
Likewise, what is the #1 shot in badminton?
A clear is a high overhand shot where the player hits the shuttlecock from one end of the court to the other end. It is the most fundamental shot in badminton and should be learned before any other shot.
What are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What is the most difficult skill in badminton?
The backhand clear is considered by most players and coaches to be the most difficult basic stroke in the game, since precise technique is needed in order to muster enough power for the shuttlecock to travel the full length of the court.
What are the 9 basic badminton shots?
Basic Badminton Shots
- Clear shot. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. Played from: Back court. …
- Drop. Trajectory: Looping close to the net. …
- Drive. Trajectory: Flat, towards the body. …
- Smash. Trajectory: Close to the net. …
- Net Lift. Trajectory: high, towards the back court. …
- Net Kill. Trajectory: Flat and downwards.
What are the rules for badminton singles?
A match consists of best-of-three games to 21 points. At 20 all, the side which gains a two-point lead first wins the game. At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game. The side winning a game serves first in the next game.
What are badminton balls called?