These are the four main types of services in badminton and most can be executed with either your forehand or backhand.
- Low serve. …
- High serve. …
- Flick serve. …
- Drive Serve.
Besides, what is the best way to serve in badminton?
Similarly one may ask, what are the two ways to serve in badminton?
A badminton serve can be performed using 2 methods (high serve and low serve), depending on where you want the shuttlecock to land. There are certain rules that you must follow when making a service.
What are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What are 2 things you Cannot do in badminton?
When a rally is in play, this means when a serve has been delivered, there are TWO things that you cannot touch during the rally.
- Badminton Net. You and your racket cannot touch the net in the middle of a rally.
- Shuttlecock. You can hit the shuttle with the racket only.
What are the 5 shots in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What are the 7 steps to serve in tennis?
What are the 3 types of smash in badminton?
Largely there are three ways of executing a badminton smash technique, Forehand, Backhand and Jumping smash.
What are three badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
What is the new service rule in badminton?
According to the new service rule, the point of impact cannot be higher than 1.15 metres from the court level. Last November, the BWF tweaked the service-related law, saying it would be introducing a fixed service rule on an experimental basis in all the top tournaments in 2018.