Parts of a Badminton Racket
- Materials. Traditionally, badminton frames have been made out of wood. …
- Frame. The body of the racket itself is called the frame. …
- Head. The head of the racket is the ring of material that holds the strings in place. …
- Stringed Area. …
- Throat. …
- Shaft. …
- Handle. …
- Handles and Heads.
Consequently, what is flex in badminton?
Badminton Rackets range from flexible, medium flex, stiff, to extra stiff. … A flexible racket will not recoil fully before the shuttle is hit, meaning the energy in flexing the racket is essentially wasted.
Beside this, what are Badminton balls called?
What is the most common shot in Badminton?
Racket weight is a personal preference, but a head heavier racket does add more power if you have enough strength to control the racket. Head heavier rackets are not suited for all players. Lighter rackets are easier to control, but you give up some power if they are too light.
The Laws of Badminton
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
Badminton Grips Buying Guide
|Grip Size||Racket Grip Size||Size in mm|
U represents the weight of the racket, while G represents the length of the racket. Each racket should be marked with its weight. Most badminton rackets manufacturers use 1U, 2U, 3U, and 4U to indicate the weight of the rackets, with 1U being the heaviest and 4U the lightest. … 5U: The weight is 75-80 grams.
Yonex is key player in making equipment while Li Ning footwear are very popular in athletes. Yonex Voltric series is well known in attacking game type while Li Ning G Force is suitable for attack and rock solid defense.
1. The Easiest Way To Reduce Weight. Playing Badminton for an hour helps in burning 480 Calories (the highest among all sports) and if you make a habit of it then you can lose a bare minimum of 4 Kgs within a month.