Here are 8 facts about badminton that will absolutely blow your mind!
- Badminton is a LOT more intense than tennis. …
- The Asian domination of the sport. …
- Badminton is the 2nd most popular sport in the world. …
- A badminton match once lasted just 6 minutes. …
- A shuttle is made from the left wing of a goose.
Consequently, why badminton is your Favourite game?
Badminton is a sport that makes me feel active and healthy while having fun. It is the source of my energy. Playing this sport makes me feel strong and confident. Each stroke of the racket makes the typical “whoosh” sound that I love.
People also ask, who is the father of badminton?
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|Basic Badminton Skills
|Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front
|High Serve Low Serve
|Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash
The Laws of Badminton
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
If you touch the net or the posts, you lose the rally. This commonly happens with /articles/net-kills>net kills: if the shuttle is tight to the net, it can be hard to play a net kill without hitting the net with your racket. You are not allowed to reach over the net to play your shot.
This simple yet effective sport offers fun for all, especially those with a competitive streak. … What’s more, because it’s an indoor sport, you won’t have to suffer the cold winter chill to get your heart pumping and your body moving. Badminton offers so much more than an escape from the outdoors.
Badminton is a racket sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net. … Badminton is also played outdoors as a casual recreational activity, often as a garden or beach game.
Badminton is a fun active sport which is an easy game to practice with few painless rules. It boosts up your muscles, adds strength to the muscles, improves blood flow rate and the benefits are endless. Apart from physical benefits there are mental advantages of playing badminton too.