- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Considering this, what are the basic rules and regulations of badminton?
The Laws of Badminton
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
In respect to this, what is not allowed in playing badminton?
In badminton, the serve must be hit in an upwards direction, with an underarm hitting action. You are not allowed to play a tennis style serve. The main rule here is that when you hit the shuttle, it must be below your waist. To be exact, the rules define this to be a height level with the lowest part of your ribcage.
Who is the father of badminton?
He was ranked World No. 1 in 1980; the same year he became the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships.
|Born||10 June 1955 Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|1||Grip||Back Hand Forehand|
|2||Stance||Attacking Stance Defensive Stance Net Stance|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
What is the new serving rule? According to the new rule, “the whole of the shuttle shall be below 1.15 metres from the surface of the court at the instant of being hit by the server’s racket”. Basically, the point of contact at the start of the serve cannot be more than 1.15 meters from the court.