How to Volley in 3 Steps
- Get the right grip. Volleying works best with a Continental grip, as it is most efficient for hitting both forehand and backhand volleys without changing your hand-positioning. …
- Get the right stance. When you approach the net, you need enough time to split step. …
- Get the right motion.
Accordingly, how do you volley in tennis for beginners?
Likewise, people ask, what are the key cues for a volley in tennis?
- Inclining the body forwards, body weight resting on the soles of the feet, shoulders in front of the feet.
- Elbows and forearms away from the body, in front of the abdomen, forward by about 10cm.
- Racket pointed forward, head slightly lifted.
- Favoring the hammer grip.
How do you do the perfect tennis volley in 3 steps?
: a drop shot made on a volley in tennis.