1. Wooden Badminton Court. A Wooden flooring is arguably the best choice to have as a badminton court flooring because it is area elastic floor surface.
Likewise, people ask, which wood is best for badminton court?
Polished Maple Wood Badminton Court Flooring
- Flooring Material: Wooden Flooring.
- Court Type: Indoor.
- Thickness: 21 mm.
- Feature: Water Resistant, Termite Resistance, Easy To Install.
- Brand: PR Sports.
- Wood Flooring Type: Maple Wood.
- Finish Type: Polished.
Keeping this in consideration, how much does badminton flooring cost?
Green Badminton Court Synthetic Flooring, Warranty: 5-10 Years, Thickness: 3.5-8 mm, Rs 75 /square feet | ID: 14390795962.
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Types of badminton courts
- Wooden court.
- Synthetic court (PVC/PU)
- Acrylic court.
- Cement Court (not recommended)
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
Decide where to make your badminton court.
- If you are on the grass, mow the lawn. …
- If you are on rubble, sand or dirt, make sure there aren’t too many rocks to step on or anything. …
- If you are on cement or hard ground, make sure that you are in a place where it won’t get too hot from the sun.
Cement surface was used in olden days for Badminton courts. This surface is mostly employed in the outdoor badminton courts where the surface is laid out using concrete.
So, why are badminton courts green? There is no specific regulatory reason for it. The most likely explanation is that, when the badminton mats were first created, the products used in them made them green, so that became the first color used and because of that, it has become the “traditional” color.
Synthetic Badminton shuttle court flooring mat is available in 4.5mm thickness. Berry Synthetic mat is reliable product for badminton shuttle court flooring. It ensures proper stability, good shock absorbtion and easy maintenance.
List of Olympic venues in badminton
|2008 Beijing||Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium||7,500|
|2012 London||Wembley Arena||6,000|
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||Riocentro – Pavilion 4||6,500|
|2020 Tokyo||Musashino Forest Sport Plaza||7,200|