If the head of the shuttlecock touches the line, then the point belongs to the player who played that shot. When the shuttlecock falls, the head of the shuttlecock will touch the ground first. If the head of the shuttlecock touches the line, it is considered inside.
Secondly, what are the lines for doubles badminton?
Unlike singles badminton, the boundaries of a doubles game are marked by the outer lines of the court. The one exception to this rule is that the server uses the inner back line. The net on a doubles badminton court is set at 5 feet high.
Besides, what is the line called in badminton?
Baseline – Back boundary line at each end of the court, parallel to the net. Carry – An illegal tactic, also called a sling or throw, in which the shuttle is caught and held on the racquet and then slung during the execution of a stroke.
What are the five rules of badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
According to badminton rules and regulations for doubles, the side of doubles that win a rally adds a point to its score. When both sides reach 20 all, the side which gains a 2-point lead first, wins that game. When both sides reach 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.