(Reuters) – Tennis racquet maker Prince Sports Inc, which pioneered the oversized racquet, filed for bankruptcy protection in a U.S. bankruptcy court citing increased competition, piling debt and a decline in discretionary spending post the financial crisis that led to falling sales.
Subsequently, what is the rarest tennis racquet?
Top 10 Most Expensive Tennis Rackets in the World
- Proximus Diamond game prize.
- The Chanel Racket.
- The Boris Becker world Champion L3 1995 Racket.
- Bosworth Tour 96.
- Wilson Pro Staff RF97 2018 racket.
- Wilson Blade SW104.
- Yonex Astrel 105.
- Head MxG 5.
Beside above, who bought out Prince tennis?
Do any pros use clash?
That’s exactly what Wilson did as they asked Roger Federer to test the Wilson Clash. Federer has always used Wilson rackets and the Pro Staff RF97 has been his preferred piece of equipment since 2014, while he used the Wilson Pro Staff 90 before that.
The Top 7 Best Tennis Racquet Brands in 2020
- #7 – Dunlop. Dunlop Sports specializes in the manufacturing of golf and tennis equipment. …
- #6 – Prince. Prince is a sports material manufacturer that focuses exclusively on tennis equipment. …
- #5 – Technifibre. …
- #4 – Yonex. …
- #3 – Head. …
- #2 – Babolat. …
- #1 – Wilson. …
As a rule the more expensive the racket the better the string job. Less expensive rackets will likely not have great strings however if your strings feel good and you can play with them then certainly do not cut them out. Remember strings are the only thing that make contact with the ball, they are worth investing in.
Most Expensive Tennis Balls
- Wilson Tour Germany (value $ 9.48) …
- Head No. …
- Babolat French Open All Court (value $ 2.25) …
- Wilson Tour Clay Green (value $ 2)
- Dunlop Fort Elite (value $ 1.95)
- Babolat French Open Clay (value $ 1.87)
- Wilson Australian Open (value $ 1.80)
- Head ATP (value $ 1.7)
Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Racket
The graphite-aramid frame and leather handle make the racket both lightweight and durable. It has specs similar to Roger’s original RF97A tennis racket and weighs a total of 360 grams. The highest price you can find this one for is $400.