Deep tissue massage to the forearm is a very effective method of easing tennis elbow and healing it much faster than rest alone. Deep tissue massage will enhance circulation and combining this with friction therapy to the tendons on the elbow joint, positive results are seen.
Thereof, how do you massage your elbow for tennis elbow?
Also to know is, what is the fastest way to cure tennis elbow?
Types of treatment that help are:
- Icing the elbow to reduce pain and swelling. …
- Using an elbow strap to protect the injured tendon from further strain.
- Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin, to help with pain and swelling.
How should I sleep with tennis elbow pain?
Sleeping with tennis elbow
To avoid putting strain on your elbow while recovering from tennis elbow, you should sleep on your back and try to keep your arms in a straighter, more natural relaxed position. It helps to prop up each arm on pillows on either side of you.
Stretching exercises are controlled stretches that prevent tennis elbow stiffness and tendon shortening. Gently bend, straighten, and rotate your wrist. If you have increasing pain, slow down or stop the exercises.
Other Conditions Mistaken for Tennis Elbow
- Medial epicondylitis, or golfer’s elbow, causes pain in the same area as tennis elbow. …
- Osteochondritis is a joint disease. …
- Arthritis can wear down the protective cartilage around the elbow.
This massage for tennis elbow loosens up the arm muscles and prepares them for a deeper massage.
- First, hold your affected arm in front of your body.
- Using the opposite hand, grab the upper part of the affected arm.
- Then, with your fingertips, gently rub the skin around your elbow in a circular motion.
Tennis elbow is a condition that causes pain around the outside of the elbow. It’s clinically known as lateral epicondylitis. It often happens after overuse or repeated action of the muscles of the forearm, near the elbow joint.
Exercises for Tennis Elbow
- FINGER STRETCH WITH RUBBER BAND. Place a rubber band around your thumb and fingers, and slightly cup your hand. …
- GRIP. …
- DOWNWARD WRIST STRETCH. …
- WRIST CURL (PALM UP, PALM DOWN) …
- ELBOW CURLS (PALM UP, PALM DOWN) …
- FOREARM PULL (OPTIONAL) …
- FOREARM TWIST (OPTIONAL)
Heat and ice are commonly used for relieving symptoms of this painful condition. Many doctors recommend using ice for tennis elbow right away when pain first begins. Use the ice to help reduce the inflammation and pain that tennis elbow causes. This inflammation places pressure on the nerves that run down your forearm.
Tennis elbow strap
They work by compressing the upper forearm and absorbing the forces which are transmitted through the soft tissues to the point of pain on the outside of the elbow.