A badminton match consists of 3 sets (or games). The player(s) who wins 2 sets (or games) will be the winner of the match. However if a player(s) wins the first 2 sets, he/she will be declared the winner of the match. The third set is not needed to be played since the player has already won 2 straight games.
Likewise, what does set mean in badminton?
Badminton Game or ‘Set’
A badminton game is referred to the race to 21 points. You’ll need to obtain 21 points to win a game. In some countries, we use the term ‘set’ instead of ‘game’.
Then, what are the 5 shots in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
What is the old name of badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Short Service Line – The line 6 l/2 feet from the net which a serve must reach to be legal. Shuttlecock – Official name for the object that players hit. Also known as “birdie.” Weight: .
The Laws of Badminton
- A match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
Top 10 Tips For Beginner Badminton Players
- Warm-up for badminton. Ensure your body is properly prepared for the badminton game ahead. …
- The badminton grip. …
- Check the shuttlecock flight. …
- Keep a central base position. …
- Play badminton indoors. …
- Be prepared for any outcome. …
- Badminton game planning. …
- Cross-train around your badminton.
The smash shot is hit with power and speed downward into the opponent’s court. The angle and the steepness of the shuttlecock’s trajectory make it hard for the opponent to retrieve and return.