Investments run into crores; on an average, a wooden court costs Rs 20-25 lakh.
Moreover, can you build a badminton court?
Easy and fun to play, people of all ages can team up and bat the shuttlecock around. But you can kick your game up a notch by creating a professional badminton court right in your own backyard — and you don’t have to be a professional to build it. Locate a flat area that is at least 54 feet long and 30 feet wide.
Beside above, how do you set up a badminton court?
What is the size of badminton court?
The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide. For singles the court is marked 5.18m wide. The lines marking out the court are easily distinguishable and coloured white or yellow. The lines are 40mm wide.
20 feet by 44 feet
Types of badminton courts
- Wooden court.
- Synthetic court (PVC/PU)
- Acrylic court.
- Cement Court (not recommended)
A standard badminton court is marked for both the singles and the doubles game. The court has two halves measuring 6.7m (22 ft) each and separated by a badminton net that stands 1.55m (5ft 1in) high at the ends and dips to 1.52m (5 ft) in the middle.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Decide where to make your badminton court.
- If you are on the grass, mow the lawn. …
- If you are on rubble, sand or dirt, make sure there aren’t too many rocks to step on or anything. …
- If you are on cement or hard ground, make sure that you are in a place where it won’t get too hot from the sun.
Polished Maple Wood Badminton Court Flooring
- Flooring Material: Wooden Flooring.
- Court Type: Indoor.
- Thickness: 21 mm.
- Feature: Water Resistant, Termite Resistance, Easy To Install.
- Brand: PR Sports.
- Wood Flooring Type: Maple Wood.
- Finish Type: Polished.
List of Olympic venues in badminton
|2008 Beijing||Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium||7,500|
|2012 London||Wembley Arena||6,000|
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||Riocentro – Pavilion 4||6,500|
|2020 Tokyo||Musashino Forest Sport Plaza||7,200|