Moreover, what is the criteria for Arjuna Award?
Instituted in 1961, the award carries a cash prize of Rs 500,000, a bronze statue of Arjuna and a scroll. To be eligible for the Award, a sportsperson should have given consistent outstanding performance for four years and should also have shown qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
People also ask, who is the famous player of badminton?
|Player Name||Discipline||Best ranking|
|Saina Nehwal||Women’s Singles||1|
|P. V. Sindhu||Women’s Singles||2|
|Prakash Padukone||Men’s Singles||1|
|Srikanth Kidambi||Men’s Singles||1|
What are the badminton rules?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
As of the 2020 Summer Olympics, China has been the most successful nation in badminton, winning 47 medals; 33 of them were from the women’s singles and doubles and mixed doubles tournaments. Indonesia (21 medals) and South Korea (20 medals) are the only other nations to have more than nine medals.
The Arjuna Award, officially known as Arjuna Awards for Outstanding Performance in Sports and Games, is the sports honour of Republic of India. … Instituted in 1961 to honour the outstanding sportspersons of the country, the award over the years has undergone a number of expansions, reviews and rationalizations.