The game starts with a toss. The referee tosses the coin and one player calls ‘Head’ or ‘Tail’. Player or team that wins the toss has an option to choose a side of the court, or an option to serve or receive first.
Moreover, where do you start in badminton?
1. The first serve of the game is always made from the right side of the court to the opposite diagonal side. Only the player standing in the proper service court may return the serve.
Herein, what are the 6 basic skills in badminton?
17 Fundamental skills of badminton
|S.N||Basic Badminton Skills||Types|
|3||Footwork||Move only 2-3 steps backward. Shuffle only 1 step sidewards. Move only 2-3 steps front|
|4||Serve||High Serve Low Serve|
|5||Smash||Fore Hand Smash Back Hand Smash Jumping Smash|
What are the 12 game rules in badminton?
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
Who Serves and Receives First in the 2nd and 3rd Games in Badminton? In singles, the player who won the previous game will serve first in the next game. Similarly, in doubles, the team who won the previous game will serve first in the next game.
Don’t bring your tennis ground strokes to the badminton court. All those long sweeping ground shots are almost useless on the badminton court – you don’t have time – so play punchy, wristy shots in front of you. Don’t lift to the forecourt or mid court – it will come back with interest!