Make a massive swing, holding your racket as if to perform a power hit. This will trick your opponent to prepare for a long shot. Just when you’re near the shuttle, slow down abruptly. Hit the shuttlecock directly downwards.
People also ask, are trick shots allowed in badminton?
The truth is, trickshots in badminton rarely work. … But to give you the best advice for being a better badminton player, I would suggest that you leave most of your repertoire out of the games you actually want to win!
Also know, what shot is considered to be a tricky shot in badminton?
The badminton smash is considered the most powerful shot in badminton and is usually played on the forehand. It is often difficult to return because of the pace and the downward angle of the shot, think of it as a downwards drive. It is best used when the shuttle is high in the air so that it can be angled downwards.
What are the 5 shots in badminton?
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
1) Half Smash
The idea behind the half smash is simple – simply use half (or a third) of your strength to smash the shuttlecock.