Regarding this, how do you play good doubles in tennis?
To win more of your doubles tennis matches, check out the following tips:
- Aim for the opponent’s feet. …
- Attack the middle of the court. …
- Pressure the net. …
- Lob. …
- Poach. …
- Fake-out your opponent. …
- Hit to their weakness. …
- Try the I-formation.
Beside this, how do you cover the court in doubles tennis?
What are the new doubles tennis rules?
Here are the basics:
- Play up to 7 to end a set, or 10 if in lieu of a 3rd set.
- Team must win by 2 points.
- Switch ends of the court every 6 points (at 4-2, for example)
- Even points (3-1, 5-5, etc) are played on the deuce side.
- Odd points (3-2, 4-5, etc) are played on the ad side.
When a righty and a lefty play together it is usually best to put the right on the deuce side and the lefty on the ad side.
Doubles Serve Strategy Summary
- #1 High 1st serve percentage, around 70%.
- #2 Serve to the opponent’s weakness.
- #3 Use the angles of the court.
- #4 Emphasize the net player’s strengths.
- #5 Use the server’s strengths.
- Bonus Tip: Include variety to throw the returner off.