Your doctor may recommend the following self-care measures:
- Rest. Avoid activities that aggravate your elbow pain.
- Pain relievers. Try over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) or naproxen (Aleve).
- Ice. Apply ice or a cold pack for 15 minutes three to four times a day.
Subsequently, what is the best treatment for tennis elbow?
Rest, ice, compression and elevation are the best treatment for tennis elbow, followed up with specific exercise and physical therapy. Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) refers to an injury to the outer elbow tendon that occurs after strenuous overuse of the muscles and tendons of the forearm, near the elbow joint.
Besides, is it good to massage tennis elbow?
Deep tissue massage to the forearm is a very effective method of easing tennis elbow and healing it much faster than rest alone. Deep tissue massage will enhance circulation and combining this with friction therapy to the tendons on the elbow joint, positive results are seen.
What happens if you leave tennis elbow untreated?
People may often attribute the pain to growing older and hope that by ignoring it, the pain will go away. However, if left untreated, tennis elbow can progress into a debilitating injury that could eventually require surgery.
Pushups are a very popular body-weight exercise. However, this exercise is one that you should definitely avoid if you have tennis elbow. Pushups are designed to work your triceps, pectorals and shoulders, but you will have to bend your elbows repeatedly to do them.
Use a brace while sleeping
By doing so, they help reduce pressure on the injured elbow tendons, and this can help reduce pain that’s keeping you up at night. These braces help keep the forearm muscles from contracting fully, and this can be helpful to your tennis elbow if you typically clench your fists at night.
Other Conditions Mistaken for Tennis Elbow
- Medial epicondylitis, or golfer’s elbow, causes pain in the same area as tennis elbow. …
- Osteochondritis is a joint disease. …
- Arthritis can wear down the protective cartilage around the elbow.
Many people find that it hurts the worst first thing in the morning, because the muscles and tendons stiffen during sleep, when we’re relatively immobile and circulation drops. This overnight stiffening can exacerbate the pain once you get up and begin moving the arm.
What exercises should I do if I have tennis elbow?
- FINGER STRETCH WITH RUBBER BAND. Place a rubber band around your thumb and fingers, and slightly cup your hand. …
- GRIP. …
- DOWNWARD WRIST STRETCH. …
- WRIST CURL (PALM UP, PALM DOWN) …
- ELBOW CURLS (PALM UP, PALM DOWN) …
- FOREARM PULL (OPTIONAL) …
- FOREARM TWIST (OPTIONAL)
CBD salve For Tennis Elbow Pain Relief? According to recent literature and results, it has been shown that CBD seems to be a secure and effective choice for those who are in search of pain relief.
Heat is a solution to provide long-term healing and relief from the pain of tennis elbow. Applying heat to your tennis elbow promotes the flow of blood to this area. The heat relaxes and expands the muscles around your elbow and improves blood flow. Applying heat is recommended tennis elbow stretches and exercises.