Executing The Topspin
- Start your stroke below and behind the ball.
- Wait for the ball to bounce off your table upwards.
- Move your arm forward and upwards, brushing the ball at a “’/” angle from a high position.
- The ball’s trajectory will arch downwards, picking up speed after it bounces off the table.
Hereof, is spin allowed in table tennis?
Spin is an essential part of table tennis and adds an interesting layer of strategy and flair. Spin can make the ball move in ways that seem impossible. It can thrill audiences and frustrate opponents. Topspin can make it appear as if a ball is magnetically attracted to the table.
Also question is, how do you become a pro in table tennis?
10 Key Tips to Advance Your Table Tennis Game
- Know what spin is on the ball. …
- Compensate for the spin with your racket angle. …
- Use your whole body when you stroke your forehand. …
- Maintain a good ready position. …
- Train your strokes until they are automatic. …
- Use your own table tennis racket. …
- Develop sidespin serves.
What are the techniques in table tennis?
What are the basic skills of table tennis?
- Forehand drive technique.
- Backhand topspin close to the table.
- Forehand push and backhand push.
- Forehand flick.
- Backhand flick.
- Backhand loop the underspin ball.
- Forehand attack the semi-long ball.
- Learn Forehand fast serve.
What is V grip in table tennis?
The V-grip is when the blade is held between the index and middle finger, spread apart at first to form a letter V. When the blade is in place, the index and middle fingers curl down the blade, gripping it, and the ring and pinky fingers are wrapped around the handle of the paddle.
How fast does a table tennis ball spin?
Table Tennis – 9000 RPM. Due to a recent switch in the type of ball used, measuring revolutions in table tennis is difficult as the two balls (formerly 38mm, now increased to 40mm) have different spin rates.