Similarly one may ask, how do you smash in Table Tennis?
Then, what is smash shot in table tennis?
The forehand smash is a fast, hard and powerful stroke that aims to force the opponent away from the table or to win a point outright. However, the shot is not always about force and requires the player to use good timing, technique and precision simultaneously.
What is an illegal serve in table tennis?
Hidden serve is the most common illegal serve in table tennis. The player uses his free arm or his body to hide the contact point. It’s difficult to see if this was a topspin serve, a no-spin float serve, or a backspin serve. Hidden serve was allowed before but ITTF changed the rule.
What is block in table tennis?
The block shot is a defensive stroke that allows a player to use the speed of their opponent’s shot against them. It needs to be completed straight after the bounce to ensure that the player maintains control of the ball.
How do you flick in table tennis?
How to play a forehand flick or flip
- Get close to the ball by stepping in with your “playing foot” under the table. …
- Lean forward so that your head and body are near the ball. …
- Keep your arm out in front of you. …
- Take the ball at the peak of the bounce.
What are the tactics in table tennis?
6 Table Tennis Tactics
- Play on your opponent’s weaknesses.
- Play consistently and don’t make unforced errors.
- Move your opponent around the table.
- Vary your strokes.
- Vary the speed, spin and direction of your strokes.
- Play to your own strengths.
What is a loop in table tennis?
A loop in table tennis is an offensive stroke with the primary purpose of producing lots of topspin. Table tennis is a game of spin, and the loop is the primary example of using spin during a rally.