Tips to prevent shoulder injuries in tennis;
- Avoid using wet tennis balls. The extra weight can cause injury. …
- When changing rackets, do it gradually. …
- When making technical changes, especially with forehand and service motions, do not do too much too soon. …
- Mix your serve up. …
- Train, stretch, and mobilize both sides.
Keeping this in consideration, can you play tennis with shoulder pain?
A sharp, sudden pain anywhere in the shoulder indicates an injury – you should suspend playing for the day. Repetitive stress injuries and inflammation both develop over a period of time.
Correspondingly, how long does tennis shoulder take to heal?
The surgical repair allows the reattached tendon to heal, but only time can ensure this happens. “That’s just the biology of the condition,” Alexander says. “Once we’ve created the environment for your body to heal, it still takes time. Usually about 12 weeks.”
How do you get rid of bursitis in your shoulder?
Depending on the type of shoulder bursitis, treatment may include activity modification, immobilization with a splint, icing, injections, aspiration of the bursa (removing fluid with a syringe), antibiotics or anti-inflammatory pain medication. Surgery is rarely needed to treat bursitis.
What are the symptoms of shoulder bursitis?
- Shoulder stiffness or a feeling of swelling.
- Painful range of motion.
- Nighttime pain when lying on the affected side.
- Sharp or pinching pain with overhead shoulder motions.
No difference was found in the ability to return to tennis between the open repair group and the arthroscopic debridement group. Conclusions: The results of this study indicate that it is possible for nearly 80% of middle-aged tennis players to return to participation after operative treatment of rotator cuff tears.
Rotator cuff exercises
- Lie flat on the back, extend the arms and legs, and engage the abdominal muscles.
- Reach one arm toward the ceiling, lifting it until the shoulder blade comes off the floor.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
- Return arm to the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.