Winning Badminton Tips for Doubles (Strategies, Tactics and Tips)
- Serve, return of serve and third shot are key.
- Get your defensive positioning right.
- Place your smashes with purpose.
- Keep the initiative, get on the attack.
- Trust your partner, play as a team.
- Footwork still matters.
Thereof, what is the basic strategy when playing doubles in badminton?
Secondly, how do you trick your opponent in badminton?
What are the 5 basic skills in badminton?
The 5 Basic Badminton Skills (With Examples, Videos and Images)
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
Men’s doubles and women’s doubles are also called level doubles. These are the only types of badminton played in serious tournaments. In casual play, however, women sometimes play against men (e.g. two women against two men).
By hitting to the corners, you force him away from his base position. This creates open spaces in his court, where you can hit the shuttlecock. Of course, your opponent will try to recover to an ideal base position after every shot, by moving back towards the centre.
Force your opponent to run around the court.
- If your opponent hits the shuttle straight at you or to the net, hit the shuttle in a different direction instead of hitting it right back at your opponent, where they will expect it to go.
- You can use long shots to force your opponent to run around the court.