USA Badminton (USAB) is the national governing body for the sport of badminton in the United States. There are currently 66 badminton clubs registered as of January 2019.
Moreover, why USA is not good at badminton?
So why is Badminton less popular in the US? Badminton’s lack of popularity in the US accounts to; a lack of media coverage, a smaller player base, limited earning potential as an athlete, absence of well known relatable players, rare success in the sport at the top level and cultural history of sports in the US.
In this manner, what is the governing body for badminton in the United States?
Which American is the most successful badminton player?
Whilst badminton is a minority sport in the US it is widely played in Britain, Denmark, Sweden, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea and several other countries. Britain alone has 4 million players, about 8% of the population. As a spectator sport it is very popular in the far east.
|Primary Sphere of Influence
|Soccer (Association Football)
|UK and Commonwealth
|Hockey (Ice and Field)
|Europe, North America, Africa, Asia, and Australia
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.