When it comes to tennis racquets for the ATP professionals, they often use something called pro stock racquets which are heavily customized using for example silicone in the handle, lead tape and sometimes personally molded handles.
Moreover, how do you put lead tape on a racket handle?
Just so, what racket do pros actually use?
The PT57A is a Pro Stock model which is over twenty years old. The PT57A is also used—or has been used at some point in their careers—by Andreas Seppi, Alexei Popyrin, Robin Haase, Robin Soderling, Tommy Haas, and Gilles Simon. Clearly it’s one of Head’s most popular molds.
What racquets do pros actually use?
Men’s top ten
- Novak Djokovic – Head Graphene 360 Speed Pro.
- Rafael Nadal – Babolat Pure Aero 2019.
- Roger Federer – Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph.
- Alexander Zverev – Head Graphene 360 Speed MP.
- Juan Martin Del Potro – Wilson Burn FST 95.
- Kevin Anderson – Dunlop Srixon CX 200 Tour.
Players seeking to make a racquet swing heavier, without substantially increasing overall weight should add 5-10 grams of lead tape at the 12 o’clock position, or racquet tip.