Easy and fun to play, people of all ages can team up and bat the shuttlecock around. But you can kick your game up a notch by creating a professional badminton court right in your own backyard — and you don’t have to be a professional to build it. Locate a flat area that is at least 54 feet long and 30 feet wide.
Besides, how do you start a badminton court?
Likewise, people ask, what are badminton balls called?
What are the types of badminton court?
Types of badminton courts
- Wooden court.
- Synthetic court (PVC/PU)
- Acrylic court.
- Cement Court (not recommended)
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
The lob or lift shot is a defensive shot in badminton. It is played when the shuttlecock is near the floor. The aim is to lift or lob the shuttlecock over the net and make the shuttlecock fall as near to the baseline as possible without hitting it out. It can be played both with the forehand or backhand.
The footwork will be a chasse on the side and the sequence will be left foot into the right before the right foot is taken out sideways away from the left. The final step with the racket leg should allow you with your extended arm and racket to reach the shuttle. Keep your upper body still and try not to drop the head.