Yes you have to wait until the shuttle reaches your side before you can hit it. … This means that you cannot place your racket over the net to hit the shuttlecock unless it has crossed over to your side of the court. Otherwise it will be a fault.
Just so, what is a net shot in badminton?
The net shot is played from the net and when played correctly should just tumble over the top of the net and drop as close to the net as possible on the opponents. Try and reach the shuttle before it drops too low to make the shot easier and give the opponent less time to react.
Simply so, what are the 3 types of shots in badminton?
Types of Badminton Shots: Learn to Use the Badminton Clear, Drop Shot, Net Shot and Smash to Win Rallies. There are a few types of badminton shots that are commonly used in badminton games today.
What is not allowed in playing badminton?
In badminton, the serve must be hit in an upwards direction, with an underarm hitting action. You are not allowed to play a tennis style serve. The main rule here is that when you hit the shuttle, it must be below your waist. To be exact, the rules define this to be a height level with the lowest part of your ribcage.
Don’t bring your tennis ground strokes to the badminton court. All those long sweeping ground shots are almost useless on the badminton court – you don’t have time – so play punchy, wristy shots in front of you. Don’t lift to the forecourt or mid court – it will come back with interest!
There are five different types of badminton shots or strokes: Serves, clears, smashes, drives and drops.
- A match consists of the best of three games of 21 points.
- The player/pair winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20-all, the player/pair which first gains a 2-point lead wins that game.
- At 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point wins that game.
- The player/pair winning a game serves first in the next game.
• Back Alley- Area between the back boundary line and the long service line for. doubles.